League Finals - Bag Tag Challenge

This is just a test forum.

Moderator: hucknchuck

League Finals Sunday November 12, 2006

Postby Barry » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:32 pm

Hey Folks,

We are definitely on for this Sunday, November 12th. So here's the final proposed schedule:

Sunday, November 12th. Belle Sherman, meet at 9am for players meeting, 9 hole round starts at 9:30. We should be done by 10:30am.

11am start at Palmer Woods for 9 holes from the long tees. Should be done by 12pm easily.

12:30pm Meet at A1 Diner in Dryden for lunch.

1:45pm Start 18 holes at TC3 from the shorts.

4:15pm Awards ceremony.

For those who just want to play, we'll figure the scores. Quit reading now.

For those who are curious. Here's the scoring system.

Belle Sherman: Everyone starts the round with a score of their Tag#/2 rounded down to the nearest integer. During the round, Ace scores +3, birdie scores +2, par scores +1, bogey or worse scores 0 with all holes par 3. Rankings are high score to low. We redistribute tag numbers based on rank. Ties go to whoever started with a lower number tag.

Palmer: Everyone starts the round with int(Tag#/2) using their new tag number. As before, ace +3, bird +2, par +1, bogey or worse 0. All holes are par 3. At the end of the round, Belle scores are added to Palmer scores and players are ranked again with ties again decided by previous rank. Tags are redistributed.

TC3 Panther Highlands: Everyone starts the round with int(Tag#/2) using their new tag number. Scoring is different, Ace is +4, bird +3, par +2, bogey +1, double bogey or more is 0. All holes are "par 3" (yes even hole 9.) At the end of the round, scores are tallied as the sum of the 3 rounds. Ties are resolved by playoffs starting at hole 1 from the long tees (just in case you hadn't lost a disc in the pond yet).

That's it. I hope to see you all there. I hope it will be a fun finish to a fine and very active disc golf season.

Thanks,
-Barry
Barry

Postby lankylefty » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:38 pm

sounds like a plan..see ya there
lankylefty

Postby Ninja_Custodian » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:30 am

Just got a thought tonight: how about starting at tc3 sunday morning? It seems like it would make sense to get the 18 done, and just have 9 holes at the other two courses, finish up in a more centralized location. I know its probably too late to notify everyone that is planning on coming, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Now i'm out.

"when it all comes to it, just go with the Black Cats."

--Chief Red Bear
Ninja_Custodian

Postby lankylefty » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:19 pm

sounds good if we can reach everyone?
lankylefty

Postby Barry » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:21 am

Ninja_Custodian wrote:Just got a thought tonight: how about starting at tc3 sunday morning? It seems like it would make sense to get the 18 done, and just have 9 holes at the other two courses, finish up in a more centralized location. I know its probably too late to notify everyone that is planning on coming, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Now i'm out.

"when it all comes to it, just go with the Black Cats."

--Chief Red Bear

It's a good idea. I wish you or I had thought of it sooner. At this point, I think it is best not to try to change the course order. I still have your #1 tag Ninja. See you at Belle.

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when
you looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
-- Poul Anderson
Barry

Previous

Return to Test Forum 1