Lost Disc Area

This is just a test forum.

Moderator: hucknchuck

Postby lankylefty » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:20 pm

thats a bummer...bob could always walk out and get it..brrrrrrrr
lankylefty

Postby jbshu24 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Barry,
just swing by my office with a design. We could probably make one up in the machine shop pretty quickly.

Jon

Barry wrote:
lankylefty wrote:barry need the disc retriever at my house.one of bobs aviar met a watery grave :D

Well, the disc retriever fell out of my bag at the end of the day at the Haunted Waters Fall Classic. (My paranoid delusion that it fell up into somebody's pocket is completely unfounded.) I've just ordered a replacement, but it is out of stock and won't be here for a couple of weeks. Maybe somebody else has invested in one.

Sorry, -Barry.
jbshu24

disc retrievers

Postby lankylefty » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:07 pm

i was thinking about this the other day...must be a way to design and make one at a small cost...a kind of cage or sleeve on a string.. :?
lankylefty

Postby Ninja_Custodian » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:00 pm

The Flying Eye won't be the same once I fish it out, I'm afraid. Something about being subjected to extreme temperatures for an extended period of time. That does remind me: a word of wisdom: don't keep your good plastic in the car! Gets very hot and very cold in there. I sleep with mine!
Ninja_Custodian

Postby jbshu24 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:09 pm

That's interesting. I wouldn't think cold would end up affecting plastic much. 32F usually doesn't bring plastic below it's glass transition temp where it starts to get brittle. I might imagine high temperatures would affect it, and some plasticizer might come out (you know that funny plastic taste you get in some water bottles? that's plasticizer). Less plasticizer would make the plastic more brittle at cold temps than before.

I bet UV-light has more of an effect on the plastic than anything else.
I keep losing my z-flash to test that out, and now it's under 2 feet of water in Phoenix. :?
jbshu24

Postby Barry » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:13 am

That's it. :idea: I'm storing my spare plastic in the downstairs freezer. Keep it fresh. :twisted: Just have to remember to thaw it out the night before. :shock:

Seriously though, I don't see how cold by itself would degrade a disc. (Throwing a cold disc into a tree is another matter.) Heat and immersion in less than pure water for extended periods are probably bad for discs.
Barry

Postby jbshu24 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:06 pm

made a couple disc retreivers, i'll have to see how they work at tc3. I've got 3 in the pond up there, all with my email on them. (flash, sidewinder, roc). I may leave it up at the pond if it works
jbshu24

Postby lankylefty » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 pm

i have a couple in there also...they r from the old placement though and r way over on the other side.heard a rumor that someone from tc3 is going to dive once or twice a year and charge a buck or 2 to get em back...kinda hard to use a disc retriever thru ice
lankylefty

Previous

Return to Test Forum 1